Monday, July 29, 2013

I am the Woman




Painting by Soledad Fernández



“I am the woman at the water’s edge,
offering you oranges for the peeling,
knife glistening in the sun.
This is the scent and taste
of my skin: citron and sweet.
Touch me and your life will unfold
before you, easily as this skirt
billows then sinks,
lapping against my legs, my toes
filtering through the rivers silt.
Following the current out to sea,
I am the kind of woman
who will come back to haunt
your dreams, move through your
humid nights the way honey
swirls through a cup of hot tea.”

by Shara McCallum






Past - Present



Art by Patty Maher

"We are not held back by the love we didn't receive in the past, but by the love we're not extending in the present."
― Marianne Williamson





Flowering Love on a Starry Night



Art by Christian Schloe
 
“She cast her fragrance and her radiance over me. I ought never to have run away from her... I ought to have guessed all the affection that lay behind her poor little stratagems. Flowers are so inconsistent! But I was too young to know how to love her...”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - The Little Prince





All that is human



Dante Gabriel Rossetti - VenusVerticordia (1868)


I am not interested in enlightenment if it means detachment from the emotional body, the earth plane, the challenges of being human. I'm interested in enrealment, because it means that my most spiritual moments are inclusive, arising right in the heart of a heartfelt immersion in all that is human: agony & ecstasy, laundry list & unity consciousness, earth & sky, joy & sorrow, fresh mangos & stale bread. Its all God, even the dust that falls off my awakening heart.

 

~ Jeff Brown





Voice of Beauty 



Russian Beauty Wearing a Kokoshnik by Konstantin Egorovich Makovsky


“the voice of beauty speaks softly;
it creeps only into the most fully awakened souls”

― Friedrich Nietzsche




6 comments:

  1. An attractive collage of images and ideas.
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful collection of art ~ well chosen words to these exquisite paintings. It's a pleasure to roam your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, oh, I really love this music at the bottom of your page. Who are the artists, please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merci Martin ...

    Currently in the player :
    Laya Project: A New Day (Pitch Black Remix)

    More infos you can find here :
    http://www.pitchblack.co.nz/



    ReplyDelete
  5. Merci beaucoup : ) Have a lovely Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A happy Christmas season to You too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and comments. I appreciate them. ~